Saturday 17 September 2011

Vincent

                                                              View of Saintes-Maries                          
                                                                      Arles.June 1888                                                    

   ' And my aim in life is to make pictures and drawings,as many and as well as I can,
     then,
     at the end of my life, I hope to pass away looking back with love and tender regret,
     and thinking  ' Oh the pictures I might have made!'

                                                                                    Letter to Theo,
                                                                                    19 November, 1883
 
I found my Vincent van Gogh in an old wooden frame, in a second hand store.
I like it very much.
The pictures you did make Vincent.....beautiful !.                                                                    

1 comment:

Pet said...

He has always been one of my favorites of all times, and then, for all his emotional and mental instability it is haunting to see the punching truth, and beauty too, of his sense of life.