Thursday 28 July 2011

marianne

I'm currently re-reading one of my favourite books 'Faithfull' an autobiography on the life of Marianne Faithfull, written by Marianne with David Dalton.  I bought it way back in 1994 when it was first published and couldn't put it down.


It chronicles the life of Marianne from childhood,through to her early fame,her relationships(particularly with Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones) and her years of drug addiction. It's a fascinating read.

My husband and I went to see Marianne perform at the Athenaeum Theatre in Melbourne in 2003 and last year my two daughters and I went to see her perform at the Forum Theatre also in Melbourne....loved both performances.




Love these photographs of a young Marianne. The top one was taken by British photographer David Bailey for Vogue in 1964 and I think it's on of my favourites...she is just gorgeous!

No comments: